On This Page,You can easily know about What is AdSense Payment and How much does AdSense pay?.
Google Adsense is a program is run by Google. The program allows the publishers around the Google network of content sites to offer automatic text, video, images, advertisements to name a few. All of this is directly targetted towards the site content and the audience.
Getting Started with Adsense Payment
- The very first thing publishers need to do is to provide their personal information and tax information (if needed for their location). Google may also need to verify your identity, but again, this is just needed for some locations.
- Next step is the verification of your address, which will occur after your earnings have reached the ‘address verification threshold’.
- When your earnings further reach the ‘payment method selection threshold’, you will need to set a mode of payment. Google has provided the following five options to choose from:
1. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)- Your earnings will be deposited into your bank account through this Google Adsense payment method. Google advises you to choose EFT if it is supported in your country, as it is convenient, secure, and fast.
2. Checks- Adsense checks are deposits only and cannot be cashed. They are issued by Citibank and you will most likely receive the check in 2-4 weeks following the mailing date. If your country supports EFT, you cannot go for this option.
3. Rapida- This payment method is available for publishers with individual accounts and Russian payment addresses.
When do I get paid by AdSense?
AdSense calculates your income for an entire month. After the month ends, AdSense takes a few weeks to review your earnings and identify false impressions and clicks before finalizing the payment. This review is normally done by the 20th of the succeeding month. Google AdSense sends payments in the last week of the following month.
In a nutshell, this is a typical payment timeline, which begins the month after you generated your revenue.
|3rd of the month||earnings are finalized, revenue for invalid clicks is reduced|
|20th||last chance to make changes to your payment method|
|21st – 26th||the payment will be sent by AdSense; changes are no longer possible|
|27th two months later||you can reissue another payment if you didn’t receive it|
Google AdSense payment dates
Timelines could shift depending on the timezone you are in or if the day a specific action is taken falls on a weekend or bank holiday.
The payment itself may take some time, depending on the payment method. Here are some Google AdSense payment methods and the time they take until the money reaches you:
|Checks by mail||1-2 weeks|
|Wire transfer||15 days|
|EFT payments / bank transfer||7 business days|
|Western Union Quick Cash||you have 60 days to pick it up|
|Rapida payments||15 days|
Google AdSense payment methods
What is a payment threshold?
As a publisher, you will be required to set a payment threshold and you will be receiving the money at the end of the month only if your current balance reaches the set amount. For example, if your payment threshold is $150, your current balance should be $150 or more for you to receive the payment.
Even though Google provides a default payment threshold, you can increase it as per your needs.
Other than the above mentioned thresholds, Google also has a default cancelation threshold in case a publisher wants to cancel their Adsense account. If your account balance is more than the cancelation threshold, you will be sent the rest of the payment in about 90 days after the month ends. You should have gone through all the necessary steps though for getting paid.
Each type of threshold, including the payment threshold, is different for different currencies. Here’s the default thresholds for a few of them:
In case your balance doesn’t reach the payment threshold, your money will remain in the adsense account until the next payment cycle is completed. The accrued amount will then be transferred to you at the end of the next payment cycle.
Another thing to note is that publishers will receive the payment as per the process at the end of every month and the frequency for the same cannot be changed. However, publishers can choose to hold their payments on a temporary basis for upto a year. The single payment with accrued earnings will then be transferred to you a few days after the specified date.
Why do my earnings decrease after the month?
The numbers you see in your performance reports are called estimated earnings. AdSense needs until the 3rd of the following month to finalize your earnings and display the result in your account under Payments > Transactions.
The reason for the difference between both numbers is invalid clicks and impressions. Google doesn’t disclose how they distinguish those clicks, but one of those invalid activities is clicking on ads on your own site. If you violate the AdSense policy too often, you might even get banned from the network and lose all outstanding payments.
What can I do if I didn’t receive my payment?
In case you didn’t receive your payment but did complete your payment information, your overall income is above the payment threshold and due for more than 60 days, and no issue is displayed in your AdSense dashboard, you can request a reissue from AdSense.
Do I get a payment receipt or invoice from AdSense?
If you are a business – and in most countries, you are when using Google AdSense on your site – you might want to get an invoice or payment receipt from AdSense for your tax office. You can find it in your payment history under Payments > View transactions.
From my own experience, I recommend checking with your accountant or tax office and ask if they need more information, e.g., some stats from your performance report saying how many impressions or clicks you sold at which price.
Google Adsense Payment Timeline
Google Adsense follows a monthly payment cycle. This means that publishers are issued the payment between 21st and 26th, given their earnings are higher than the payment threshold and they have no payment holds (more about this later). The time at which different publishers receive the actual payment may vary depending on their chosen Adsense payment method, timezone, and if 21st falls on a holiday or weekend.
To understand the Google Adsense payment timeline properly, let’s take a look at the types of earnings that are shown on publishers’ homepage.
- Estimated Earnings: This report will let you know about your recent account activities. Basically, you will be shown your earnings according to the recent activities on your account.
- Finalized Earnings: Estimated earnings are finalized at the end of each month. This amount excludes all the earnings through invalid activities. Google finalizes your earnings on the 3rd of each month.
If your estimated earnings and finalized earnings are different it means that some invalid activity, such as invalid clicks, have occurred on your website.
The balance you’ll be shown at the end will be the amount that you will be paid at the end of the month. This includes all finalized earnings, credits, and debits.
Reasons for Payment Hold and How to Resolve them
Most likely Google won’t hold your payment if you have followed all the necessary steps and are complying with policies. But payments can be held if you missed out some step. Below are listed the possible reasons for Adsense payment holds and what you can do about it.
- A payment hold can be because you forgot to submit tax-related information. Getting done with the same will resolve the issue.
- If your address and identity haven’t been verified, your payment will be put on hold. For removing the hold, make sure to enter the PIN for address verification and verify your identity.
- Google will also be forced to hold your payment if you haven’t set a form of payment. Ensure that you do so for getting paid on time.
- If you have put a hold on your payments and have forgotten to remove it, Google will not be able to send you the money.
- In case you see a compliance hold on your account, you probably haven’t verified your personal information. This payment hold will be lifted as soon as you do so.
- Lastly, your account may be under review for checking if it is complying with Adsense policies. In this case, the payment hold will automatically be lifted after the review is done with.
If, however, you see none of these issues on your dashboard, your balance is greater than the payment threshold, and payment is due for over 60 days and you still haven’t received payment, you can request a reissue from Google Adsense.
How to earn money with AdSense?
AdSense is an ad network belonging to Google. It is the biggest ad network in the world and the main service through which Google can display ads on a lot of websites. The secret behind AdSense is its simplicity. As a website owner you just need to sign into your account, create your first ad, and insert the source code on your website. The last one is the trickiest part for non-technical publishers, but still a lot easier than what some other ad networks ask you to do.
At the beginning there was just one way of getting paid with AdSense and this was on a per click basis. This means that you earn money each time a visitor to your site clicks on an ad. It doesn’t matter what he did afterwards on the target website. But before you start thinking about it: When Google figured out that some people tried to raise their payments by clicking on the ads on their own sites, they started penalizing for such behaviour.
Google AdSense Payment Methods
It is recommended that you review the payment guide as to when payments are made, the payment process including the five steps to set up your account, and essential information such as payment of taxes on AdSense earnings before finalizing your payment methods. The following Google AdSense payment settings are available:
US checks or local currency checks
When you select this payment method, you will have the opportunity to receive US funds or currency related to your country. The checks are drawn on Citibank, valid for one year from the date of issuance. However, if you’re choosing local currency checks, you must review the list of eligible countries to ensure participation. You must also ensure that your financial institution will accept Citibank checks for negotiation keeping in mind that there will be fees issued.
Publishers receive their checks about 2 to 4 weeks after the mailing date and sometimes longer when located in remote rural areas. You can choose Secured Express Delivery option which is quicker and safer and takes 5 to 7 days for delivery.
There is a fee for courier services if you choose to receive checks as your payment option. The cons of this method of payment include time delays/ expenses in collecting and processing checks and the possibility of losing and having to reissue checks. Tracking aids are available through your AdSense account to ensure that you can follow your payments.
Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
EFT payment Google AdSense exampleAn EFT is an electronic service that directly deposits your AdSense earnings into your bank account and in your local currency. EFT’s are available to publishers whose addresses are in the supported countries listed. These online payment methods are the quickest, simplest and safest of all the payment options. However, while it does require you to have a bank account, you do not have to travel to pick up funds or negotiate checks.
To ensure that this online payment method works, a test amount is processed to ensure that it is accurately deposited to your account. This service is available to all levels of AdSense account holders. You cannot use a Bank Account in another country due to tax and security reasons unless you change the country field in your payment address.
There are no drawbacks to online payment methods other than for those who would prefer not to disclose or have a bank account to receive these funds.
Western Union Quick Cash
Western UnionWestern Union is a worldwide money transfer service, but before choosing this AdSense payment setting, you must ensure that Western Union is available in your country and that they offer the Quick Cash services.
If you want cash upfront than Western Union Quick Cash is the payment method for you. You are allowed to receive your AdSense earnings in cash available for pickup at your local Western Union Agent one day after being sent following the regular payment schedule established.
You don’t have to wait for mail or courier services to deliver your check. There are no fees charged. You do not have the hassles of dealing with a bank and their related high expenses, depositing and waiting for these funds to clear. While payment is in US Dollars, most Western Unions will give you the option to exchange these funds into local currency at the conversion rates applicable that day. You have 60 days in which to pick up your payment from a Western Union.
Otherwise, funds are returned to your account. This payment option is only available to individual publishers due to the personal ID required by Western Union to be presented to receive funds. Overall, Western Union Quick Cash is worthy of consideration for those wanting quick, no-hassle payment options and prefer cash in their pocket.
Rapida is another payment method that allows users to receive their AdSense earnings in Cash. However, this service is available only in Russia at this time, and you have to find a local post branch that offers this service. You don’t have to worry about bank fees and long clearing timeframes associated with depositing checks. This method of payment is also only available to individuals, and there may be limitations on the payment amounts.
Users of this payment option generally have a three working day delay from the date shown on your “payment details” page. Payment is in US Dollars with the ability to exchange into local currency based on the local post branch conversion rates applicable that day.
Additional Information about Adsense Payment Procedure
Here are listed some of the noteworthy things about Google Adsense payment:
- Publishers are provided with a printable receipt on their account after a payment is issued.
- Adsense converts advertisers’ money from their currencies to publishers’ desired currencies according to the market rate the day before ads are displayed.
- Even though account ownership transfers are not allowed by Adsense, publishers still have the option of updating/changing their payee address or name. The details however, should match the tax information provided by the publisher.
- Google Adsense does not allow publishers to change their payment currency.